What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you register to use or log into the Service, place an order for services through the Service, respond to communication such as e-mail or participate in other features of our Service.
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes the following information:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, and preferences.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event you register for.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Demographic Information, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and age.
- Financial information, such as your financial account numbers or payment card information.
- Precise geolocation information, such as when you authorize our mobile application to access your location.
- Transaction information, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information that we collect from you when you register to use the Service, purchase services from the Service, surf the Service or use certain features of the Service in the following ways:
To operate the Service. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service
- provide information about our products and services
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- facilitate social features of the Service, such as by identifying and suggesting connections with other users of the Service and providing chat or messaging functionality
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for the Service
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We analyze use of the Service to analyze and improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you Autio-related marketing communications, including surveys, as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Do We Disclose the Information We Collect to Outside Parties?
Partners. We may sometimes share your personal information with partners or enable partners to collect information directly via our Service. For example, if you choose to participate in our insurance qualification and referral program with Zendrive, we may share your personal information in connection with that referral.
Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or the public, including in connection with the licensing of music on the platform. You may also be able to maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. You may also be able to submit content to the Service (such as photos, and videos), and we will display your name, username, and a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to such users or the public.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding the visitors to our Service. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser’s (i.e., Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not have access to many features that streamline your experience on our Service, and some of our services may not function properly.
As a general rule, children are not allowed to use the Service, and we do not collect personal information from them. We define “children” as anyone under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us at email@example.com.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information.
We follow generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use personal identification and financial information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of such information during its transmission or its storage in our systems, and you should always take care to safeguard your personal information.
What Should You Consider Before Clicking on Third Party Links?
What Are My California Privacy Rights?
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the customer information that we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the calendar year previous to such request (e.g. requests made in 2014 will receive information regarding 2013 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will then email you the requested information. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.